The Neuro-pediatrics Clinic, dedicated to neurological restoration in infancy and childhood, has the necessary technology and experience as well as a medical and paramedic staff with a solid knowledge and a profound human attention care, that are indispensable for you to feel your son or daughter receives an adequate service according to infant and children’s needs.
For this program, that includes a professional teamwork for the assistance of patients and their families, the Clinic offers an integral attention service which includes diagnosis, pharmacological, neuropsychiatry, neuropsychologic, orthopedic and neurorehabilitation treatments. Also neurosurgical treatment in infant and children neurological diseases is applied too.
There is great experience in the treatment of epilepsies, as well as the treatment of cerebral palsy and maturity retardation.
The Clinic offers integral attention to: movement disorders in infancy (dystonias, tics, chorea, tremor and myoclonias), spasticity that includes denervation with type-A Botulinum Toxin. It offers diagnosis and integral treatment of neuromuscular diseases and rachimedullar lesions in infancy and childhood.
The above treatment is supported by a constant pediatric attention of such affections pertinent to this age.
DISEASES ASSISTED AT THE NEUROPEDIATRIC CLINIC:
- Spastic Cerebral Palsy: dyskinetic, ataxic, hypotonic and mixed.
- Integral handling of spasticity (includes denervation with type-A Botulinum Toxin).
- Congenital Malformations of the CNS.
- Neuronal Migration Disorders.
- Myopathies (include muscular dystrophies).
- Hereditary Ataxias.
- Rachimedullar trauma.
- Cranio-encephalic trauma.
- Infancy and childhood cerebro-vascular diseases.
- Infancy and childhood movement disorders (dystonias, choreas, tremor, tics, myclonias).
- Integral treatment of dystonias.
- Pervasive disorders of neurodevelopment (autism and related syndromes).
- Language dysfunction, learning and conduct.
- Sleep disorders in infancy and childhood.
- Progressive diseases of the CNS.